About 18 months ago, I started some fun open source projects shared on GitHub and published on NuGet where I just crept over the 4,000 downloads mark. Wahoo! Of course, this is not really a very high number in comparison with the most popular packages on NuGet.org but I’m glad there are some people enjoying some benefit from using my work, and I don’t mind patting myself on the back just a little..
Here are my favorites:
DuoVia.FuzzyStrings--A collection of fuzzy string algorithms:
- Dice coefficient based on bigrams
- Levenshtein distance with transposition
- LCS (longest common subsequence)
- Double metaphone.
ServiceWire--A fast and light weight service host and dynamic client library that simplifies the development and use of high performance remote procedure call (RPC) communication between .NET processes over named pipes or TCP/IP. Supports the following:
- Out and ref parameters
- Dynamic client proxy generation from service interface
- Fast serialization of most native types and arrays of those types
- Multiple service interface hosting on the same endpoint
- Aspect oriented interception with easy pre-, post- and exception handling cross cutting
ServiceRunner--Easiest way to turn a console app into a Windows Service but still debug as a console app.
DuoVia.Net.Distributed--A Distributed Task Parallel Processing Library for .NET.
DuoVia.MpiVisor--Distributed Parallel Computing for .NET.
I hope you’ll give one or more of them a try.