A very large portion of my system drive, a 250GB SSD, seemed to be gobbled up with my fresh Windows 8.1 install and after install all my tools, I was fast running out of disk space on the C: drive. A quick search for culprits using Effective Search from SowSoft turned up a 64GB file called hiberfil.sys.
After a little hunting and poking, I found the GUI for power management options and tried to turn off hibernate. But that did not get rid of the file.
Not until I found and used the following in an “as Administrator” cmd window did I recover the 64GB of SSD space:
powercfg -h off
And yes, I have 64GB of RAM. Call me spoiled.