tsJensen

A quest for software excellence...

Slugs in dasBlog vs BlogEngine.NET

I realized today that my old pre-2012-04 posts were broken. That’s when I moved from dasBlog to BlogEngine.NET. At the time, I had to fix the same problem that I recently re-introduced when upgrading to a clean install of the lastest BlogEngine.NET.

  <system.webServer>
    <security>
      <requestFiltering allowDoubleEscaping="true" />
    </security>

And today I will fix my mistake by blogging about it. To support URLs with a “+” in the Title slug rather than a “-“ we need to modify the web.config as shown above.

And that makes both of these links work just fine:

http://tsjensen.com/blog/post/2016/06/08/Exploring-NET-Core-10 

http://tsjensen.com/blog/post/2010/12/03/SOLID+Principles+Of+Class+Design 

Don’t forget your configuration when you migrate or upgrade.